Wait for it...it's here!
Now, in addition to managing your appointments, your business can also sell and keep track of your products or merchandise all in one system.
Here are some things to know about our new feature:
1. You can track purchases through product invoicing
2. Enjoy automatic inventory management
3. Keep track of suppliers and supplier lines
4. Up-sell your appointments with the help of your products
You might be saying, woah - woah, Jalesa - all of that sounds good, but help me to understand how this feature might work for a business. Okay, so let's do a scenario & walkthrough:
Meet Roman Myers.
He's the shop owner of Sharp Looks where he and his crew give clients trendy haircuts, offer tailored beard grooming, and conveniently sell hair care products.
Roman and his team assist clients through booked appointments made online, and they've been selling products and managing them through a separate online system, but here's how they can take appointments online and sell their products all through our system.
How to Add Products
A locally created beard oil is a popular product at Roman's shop - let's add this product in our Back Office.
1. Go to "Payments" > "Manage Products" > under the Products tab
2. Click the "Add New Product" button
3. Fill out the product's information and save the product once done
Note - *By checking off "Calculate Stock", TimeTap will automatically keep track of item inventory. Also, if the product will be taxed, be sure to enter in the tax percentage under "Payments" > "Payment Settings")
4. From here, if you wish, you can add the Supplier and Supplier Line back under the "Manage Products" page
5. You're all set for selling! Next, let's see how to invoice clients for a purchase.
How to Invoice Clients for a Purchase
While browsing the shop after a service, Anthony decides that he wants to purchase the beard oil. Let's create an invoice for Anthony's purchase:
1. Go to "Payments" > "Invoices"
2. Click "Add New Invoice"
3. We're going to add Anthony as a new client and then click "Create Invoice for This Client"
4. Scroll down and click the "Add Line Item" button > "Add Product"
5. Make sure the beard oil is selected and everything is correct, then click "Add Product"
6. Since Anthony is paying while in the shop, let's record his payment by scrolling down and click "Record a Payment".
7. Enter in the payment details and click "Record Payment"
8. And his invoice is now complete! Clients can choose to have a print-out or the invoice emailed to them.
Anthony wants a print-out of the invoice - let's download the invoice and print it by clicking on "More Options" > "Download Invoice" and it's ready to print.
How to Manage Inventory
At the end of the week, Roman purchases 10 more bottles of the beard oil and needs to update his inventory. Here's how he can manage his stock:
1. Go to "Payments" > "Manage Products" > the Products tab
2. Click the "+Inventory" button
3. Fill in the amount of stock you're adding and you can leave a note. Once done, click the "Add Inventory" button
4. From here, you'll notice that the amount of the item has increased. To learn more about managing product inventory, you can check out our documentation here.
How to Up-Sell Appointments Through Product Purchases
Since appointments are the "bread and butter" of Sharp Looks, here's how Roman and his crew can promote appointment booking through product purchases.
Since the beard oil is one of his popular products, when a client decides to purchase a bottle of the oil, Roman can offer him a 15% discount on his next service if he goes ahead and pre-books the next appointment. What makes this a good promotion is that the offer itself is contingent upon the client pre-booking the next appointment - thus securing more business.
There are many other ways to get more scheduled appointments through promotions including deals and coupons, packages, and a number of creative ways to help grow your business, but this is just an example of how products can be used to secure more appointments.
Did you enjoy this scenario walkthrough for our product feature? Let us know by giving us a thumbs up & give this feature a try!