It's 6:30 p.m. in the evening and you're getting off a little late because you needed to take care of some responsibilities. You're getting ready to leave the job, but...you think about the kids and want to make sure they've gotten a ride home from after-school practice.
Hun, just wanted to check to make sure that the kids have a ride from practice - just getting off!
You sit there for a little bit, and then you get a call that the kids have made it home.
The way of check-ins -- I believe a lot of us do this regularly just to make sure things are running smoothly.
Like the one above, there are several types of check-ins to include:
> Family check-ins (What do you guys want for dinner?)
> Meet-up check-ins (Hey, are you still able to meet us?)
> Travel check-ins (I've made it!)
And then we've got client check-ins which I want to talk more about today.
There are a number of businesses and industries that this feature helps with keeping track of clients, patients, property, equipment, attendees, and so on like:
- Medical practices (doctors, dentists, counselors, veterinarians, and etc.) - for visiting patients
- Nail Salons - for visiting clients/customers
- Beauty Salons/Barbershops - for visiting clients
- Conferences - for visiting attendees or client meetings
- Events (charities, banquets, wedding receptions, and etc.) - for participators and guests
- Rentals (car dealerships, meeting rooms, equipment renters, and etc.) - for renters, employees, & etc.
- Deliveries & Drop-Offs - for non-profit organizations, suppliers, & etc.
- Interviews - for human resources staff members
With our appointment setting software, here is tutorial on another way that your business can quickly check clients in for their appointments.
4 steps to setting up your check-in screen
Yep, it's here! If you're a receptionist or assistant, this feature is especially handy as you won't have to switch between screens to check in clients. With this feature, you can easily set up your check-in screen so that you choose how to search for client's information to check them in.
Step 1 - Sign in TimeTap and from the "Dashboard" tab, click on "Check-in Screen".
Step 2 - Configure your check-in screen.
- Choose the title you want for the check-in screen (You can change it from "Appointment Check-In" to another name like "Rental Check-In", "Conference Check-In", or a name that best suits what your business wants to track).
- Choose whether you would like to search for clients by either Appointment ID (more on Appointment IDs) or their information.
- Choose what you want to appear in the search result field.
- Choose your Exit Password for the check-in screen.
Step 3 - Update your settings by clicking the "Update Settings" button.
Step 4 - Test out your check-in screen by clicking "Enter Check In Only View"
Once you enter the Check In Only view, you can search for a client by the criteria you've specified, and click "Check In", and they're all set!
Viewing a client's check-in time
If you'd like to view the time that a client checks in with your business, you can visit the Appointment Details page for the client's appointment and you'll see the date and time stamped for your records.
*Tip for faster check-ins
If you're a receptionist or your business has someone who manages client check-ins, as a tip for easier and faster schedule management, if you have a second monitor, this monitor could be used to display the check-in screen so that clients, patients, attendees, delivery persons, or other visitors can easily provide their information and enjoy their service.
If you're excited about this new feature, give us a thumbs up & we'd love to hear your thoughts!