If you missed last week's post, today we'll be picking up from where we left off with demonstrating updates to our waitlist feature.
Last week we looked at how to:
- Allow clients/customers to join a waitlist for a service
- Test adding a registrant to a waitlist
This week we're going to look specifically at how to move a client or customer from one of your service's waitlists and onto your appointment calendar.
Let's dive right in!
Picking up from where we left off with adding a client, Aubriana Perez, to the waitlist for a hairstyling service, let's move her off of the waitlist and onto stylist Camdyn McDuffie's appointment calendar. Let's get Aubriana to the front of the line!
Moving a Client from Your Waitlist to Your Appointment Calendar (Client's Side)
So let's say that Aubriana has been waitlisted for her hair appointment at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
Aubriana's stylist, Camdyn, has a client who has been booked for the slot that she wants; however, let's say that something comes up and this client decides to cancel the appointment.
Once this client cancels the appointment, then Aubriana and any other person on the waitlist for this hairstyling service will receive an email notifying that they can claim that slot (the email will only be sent if you have opted to an automatic invite to be sent to waitlist registrants).
Here's what her email looks like:
I have also allowed a waitlist appointment hold time of 24 hours, so all waitlist registrants (like Aubriana) will have 24 hours to claim their appointment.
Aubriana wants to claim the appointment and is taken to the page where she can do that:
And she is finally booked onto Camdyn's schedule as you can see on her appointment calendar below:
She has also received an email notifying her of the appointment:
What if I want to add a waitlist registrant manually?
If client wants to be added to your waitlist by allowing you to set it up through the BackOffice, this can also be done.
1. Go to the "Appointments" tab > "Add Appointment" > "Add Waitlist Registrant"
2. Fill out the client's information (I'm adding a new client, Erin Jones)
3. Choose the date and time(s) for which the client wants to be waitlisted for and save (I am waitlisting the client, Erin, for an appointment with Camdyn on Nov. 23, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.)
And this will add a client to your waitlist manually via the BackOffice. in order for that client to moved from the waitlist to a staff member's schedule, another client can cancel his/her appointment which fills that slot or you can manually add that client onto your schedule. Here's at look at how to do that.
What if I want to add a waitlist registrant to my appointment calendar manually?
Here's how you can add a registrant who has been waitlisted to your schedule manually through the BackOffice:
1. Go to "Appointments" > "Appointment Lists" > and find the client you want to manually add to your schedule > then click on the "+" symbol beside their appointment status (I will be adding Erin Jones to Camdyn's schedule)
2. Click "Create Appointment"
3. Choose the date and time > and save the appointment (I am scheduling Erin for 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. which is beyond Camdyn's service availability, but she can fit her in)
And that is how you manually add a waitlist registrant to your appointment calendar.
We hope this tutorial will help you move more of your clients to the front of the line this holiday season. If you would like to even check out our video which talks more about our waitlist feature, feel free to head on over to our Youtube Channel where you can also find other awesome tutorials for our appointment scheduler. For now, happy scheduling!