As the holidays approach, I know many of you will probably come in contact with some sort of line or have to wait in some capacity - whether that's to buy gifts, pick up food from a restaurant, or even get a new haircut or hairstyle. =) Waiting can be quite hard to do especially if you're running low on time, need to get somewhere, or may have a short patience, but waiting doesn't have to be difficult and at some point in life, we're going to have to wait on something.
And today, I want to talk about how you can help ease some of the pangs your clients or customers might experience this holiday season by trying out our updated waitlist feature.
Businesses in many industries can reduce stress and also keep customers happy by getting them to the front of the line with our waitlist feature. Here are several industries and ways in which our waitlist feature can be beneficial:
Academic institution office meetings (financial aid counseling, next admissions steps, request academic records, & etc.)
Medical care visits (urgent care appointments, dental, vision, & etc.)
Room reservations (conference rooms, computer labs, & etc.)
Rentals (boats, surf boards, camera equipment, & etc.)
Tours (academic, city, & etc.)
And the list could probably go on.
Updates to Our Waitlist Feature
Here's how your business can use our online scheduling system's waitlist feature:
1. Allow automatic invites to be sent to your clients/customers who've joined a waitlist for your services and/or classes
2. Have a text message notification sent to your waitlist registrants
3. Adjust the appointment hold time
4. Customize your waitlist confirmation message & appointment landing page
How to allow clients/customers to join a service's waitlist
1. First, make sure you're signed in to TimeTap's BackOffice and go to "Settings" > "Services & Classes" > click on the service for which you'd like to allow clients/customers to join your waitlist
I've created a Shampoo & Blowout hairstyling service for a salon that I want to allow my clients to be able to join a waitlist for as business ramps up during the Holiday season.
2. Click on the "View Details" button for that service
3. Click on the "Edit" button, place a check mark beside "Allow Waitlist", and click "Save"
4. Go to "Settings", "Waitlist", and click on the "Edit button" to adjust your settings
Here's a description of each setting under the "Waitlist" tab:
1. Waitlist Confirmation Panel Title - Can edit the title for your service's waitlist confirmation page
2. Waitlist Confirmation Message - Can edit the confirmation message for clients/customers who join your waitlist
3. Join Waitlist Link Text - Can edit the text for the link that will allow clients/customers to join the waitlist for a service
4. Auto Invite Waitlist Registrants - Have invitations automatically sent when the times come available that a client/customer signs up for
5. Send Waitlist Registrants Test Notification - Have a text message sent when a time comes available that a client/customer signs up for
6. Waitlist Appointment Hold Time - If a client/customer cancels and others have signed up for a service's waitlist, then the time slot will be held for the number of hours you choose before the slot is released back to the public
7. Waitlist Appointment Landing Page Header - Edit the header text for the waitlist appointment landing page that clients/customers are directed to when they want to claim their appointment
8. Waitlist Appointment Landing Page Screen Text - Edit the screen text for the waitlist appointment landing page clients/customers are directed to when they want to claim their appointment
I've kept the default text, but have opted to allow auto invites to be sent to waitlist registrants for the hairstyling service I've created and also to send waitlist registrants text message notifications.
When you're satisfied, be sure to click the "Save" button and you're all set to start allowing clients to register for your waitlist. Let's see how this looks from the client's side.
How to test adding registrants to a waitlist
To test adding registrants to a service's waitlist from the client-side, here's an example of a client who wants to book a hairstyling appointment with Camdyn for November 17th, but Camdyn's booked up for that date, and as you can see, it's not highlighted:
1. Click on the waitlist link
By clicking on this link, the client will be directed to choose a time slot that would work for his/her schedule.
Let's say that the 11:30 a.m. time slot works best, and the client is listed for registering for 1 wait list time:
Now, let's click the "next" button.
2. Fill out client information form and click "Save"
The client will add her information to the client information form and click "Save".
Once this is done, the client will see on the next screen that she has joined the waitlist for this service.
Let's see how this looks in TimeTap's BackOffice.
3. Go to the "Appointments" tab and click on the "Waitlist" tab
You may have to adjust the Date Range in order to see who is on your waitlist. I'm able to see that Aubriana has been added to my waitlist for the Shampoo & Blowout Styling service for November 17th at 11:30 a.m.
*Additionally, if she were to check her email, she should see an email that confirms her as added to the waitlist:
And that's how you can add clients to a waitlist for one of your services via our web scheduler.
Be on the lookout for Part 2 as next week we're going to look at how a waitlist registrant can be moved from the list and confirmed for an appointment.
If you found this walkthrough helpful, like our post and give us a shoutout on social! =)
For now, happy scheduling!